M96 / M97 Porsche engine failures and faults are well documented and whilst the failure rate may not be as high as some people are led to believe by horror stories online, AMS are seeing increasing numbers of water cooled Porsches come through the workshop doors. AMS offer customers with Boxster, Cayman, 996, 997 modelled Porsches cost effective solutions to all engine issues.
Whether it be bore scoring, ovality, IMS bearing failure, worn or snapped timing chains or cylinder head cracks / liner ‘D’ chunking the team at AMS have seen it before and more importantly have successfully resolved the issues and returned the vehicle to the road.
Our prices start at just £2986 + VAT which includes:
- Pre Engine Removal Diagnostic / Inspection
- Engine Removal / Dismantle / Component Clean
- Damage / Components Assessed - Customer Consulted
- Con Rods Inspected For Wear, Cleaned and Honed as Necessary
- Crankshaft Cleaned, Measured, Reground / Polished as Necessary
- Cylinder Bores Inspected For Wear / Damage.
- New Con Rod Bearings
- Hydraulic Lifters Cleaned, Drained, Primed / Replaced as Necessary
- New Piston Rings (6 Cylinders)
- New Cam Chain Kits
- All Valves Cleaned and Reground – Valve Seats Recut as Necessary
- New Valve Stem Seals
- All Seals Within Engine Block
- New Head Bolts
- Conrod Bolts
- Cylinder Heads Skimmed
- Cylinder Heads Pressure Tested
- New Cylinder Head Gaskets
- New Engine Oil and Filter
- New Air Filter
- New IMS Shaft Bearing
- New Power Steering Fluid
- Air Conditioning Regas (Where Installed)
- 6 x New Spark Plugs
- Engine Reinstallation With New Oil and Coolant
- Vehicle Road Tested and Checked Fault Checked
- Engine Build Documents / Build Photos Saved To USB Memory Stick For Customer
Parts Commonly Replaced In Addition – As Necessary By Customer Approval / Request (Additional Cost)
- Timing Chain / IMS Chain Tensioners
- Timing Chain Guide Rails
- New Air / Oil Seperator
- Cylinder Liners (Various Options Please Call To Discuss)
- Low Temperature Thermostat
- Upgraded IMS Bearing (LN Engineering)
- Coil Packs
- Water Pump
- Oil Cooler
- Oil Pump
- Scavenge Oil Pumps
- Exhaust Brackets / Heat Shields / Clamps
- Clutch / Flywheel
In addition to the full removal - rebuild - refit service AMS very often have Porsche engines prepared ready to either dispatch (worldwide) or install ourselves on an exchange basis.
Alternatively for further afield customers or customers with engines already removed we regularly accept engines on a pallet to be reconditioned and returned.
Please call and we will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances. We will endeavour to tailor a package to suit your requirements.